1. Title – The club shall be known as the La Strada Club UK.
2. Interpretation — The words used in this document shall be interpreted as follows:-
- The word CLUB will mean the La Strada Club UK.
- The word COMMITTEE will mean the Committee of the Club.
- The word MEMBER will mean the authorised user of the vehicle plus 1 named adult family member.
3. Objects of the Club — The objects of the Club are as follows:-
- To foster friendship and collaboration between all La Strada owners.
- To foster collaboration between La Strada owners and Baumgartner Reismobile GmbH
- To provide a newsletter with information to Members on all aspects of interest and ownership.
- To maintain a La Strada Owners register.
- To organise rallies.
- Membership of the Club is open to owners of La Strada motor caravans and to others who, at the time of joining the club, owned a La Strada motor caravan.
- Membership of the Club is subject to payment of an annual subscription payable in advance and agreed by members present at the annual general meeting (AGM).
- All members have the right to vote.
- The Committee will have the power to call before them any Club Member considered to be guilty of any conduct detrimental to the interests and status of the Club and, subject to the right of appeal to the decision of a General Meeting, will have the power to expel such Member from the Club. In the event of such disciplinary action, a full Committee meeting shall be convened.
5. Addresses and Notices
Each Member shall notify the Secretary of their current postal address for the time being and all notices and correspondence will be posted to them by second class mail to such address and shall be considered as being duly delivered ten working days following the day of posting.
The following non-personal information may be held on a computer file and this note is deemed to cover all such notices required in order to conform with current legislation and will be made available for inspection:-
- Membership number
- Members name and address
- Date of joining
- Current subscription paid/unpaid
- Model and registration number of vehicle
The Officers of the Club will comprise the Chairman, Secretary, Publicity and Information Officer, Rally Convenor, treasurer and such other Officers deemed necessary to carry out the duties of the Club.
7. Committee and Management
a. The management of the Club will be vested in a Committee consisting of the Officers, including the Chairman, the immediate Past Chairman and not more than 3 ordinary members. All Officers and ordinary Members will be elected for 2 consecutive years at the AGM reckoning from one AGM to another. The Committee shall retire by rote and may be re-elected subject to any limitation imposed by the AGM. The Chairman will hold office and serve for 1 year reckoning from one AGM to another. In the event of a vacancy occurring the Committee shall have the power to fill the vacancy until the next AGM
b. An Honorary Auditor, who shall not be a member of the committee or hold office in the Club will be appointed at the AGM
c. At Committee Meetings 4 members present shall form a quorum.
d. A list of the Committee members and a list of retiring Committee members willing to stand for re-election shall be published prior to the AGM. Further nominations may (with the consent of the nominee) be made by any TWO members of the Club in writing to be received by the Hon. Secretary SEVEN days prior to the AGM. In the event of a contest, voting will be made by a show of hands or a paper ballot by members present at the AGM. Any nominee for Committee shall have been a member of the Club for at least ONE year prior to the AGM. The retiring Committee members and the remaining Committee members will all remain eligible for nominations to posts as Officers of the Club.
8. Committee Meetings
Meetings of the Committee will be convened by the Hon Secretary at suitable intervals throughout the year by formal notice sent by post to each Committee member at least FOURTEEN DAYS prior to such meeting, detailing the Venue, date and time together with an agenda listing the topics for business and discussion.
a. Minutes of each meeting will be taken and circulated to Committee members with the formal Notice convening the next meeting.
b. The Chairman or his appointed deputy will conduct the meeting in a formal manner and will ensure that all decisions and resolutions are minuted for Club records. All such agreements will be made by a show of hands. The Chairman will have a second or casting vote.
c. The minutes of each and every Committee meeting will be carefully filed and retained by the Hon. Secretary. These minutes will constitute a formal record of Club business and will be made available for inspection by any member.
9. General Meetings
An Annual General Meeting shall be held each year, at a Venue to be announced in the Formal notice convening the meeting. A summary of the current draft accounts, together with the committee’s report and the Agenda for the business to be considered shall be available to every member prior to such meeting and no member shall introduce any special business or motion unless written notice to this effect shall have been received by the Hon. Secretary 28 days prior to the AGM.
a. At all General Meetings every question (unless otherwise expressly provided for by these rules and constitution) shall be decided by a majority of votes.
b. In the case of AGM’s 10 members personally present will form a quorum.
The financial year will commence on the FIRST DAY of September. Prior to the AGM, the records and accounts of the Club will be presented for audit by the Honorary Auditor who may inspect the said records and accounts at any time. The audited accounts will be presented for approval at EACH Annual General Meeting. The assets and funds of the Club will be vested in the Committee for the time being. The Committee may from time to time appoint trustees in whom shall be vested such part or parts of the assets or funds of the Club as the Committee shall approve and direct.
In the event of the Club ceasing to exist, the funds and assets of the Club shall be transferred to an independent person acting as executor and appointed by the retiring Committee to be held for the disposal and benefit of a nominated charity and only after payment of all costs, expenses and debts, legally incurred by the Club.
The Committee shall have the authority to decide the conduct for signing authority for the Club bank account.
11. Alteration of Rules and Constitution.
These rules may only be altered by a resolution passed by not less than TWO THIRDS of the members present and voting personally thereon at a GENERAL MEETING called for that purpose. The notice convening such meeting shall state the proposed amendments.
12. Matters not provided for
The Committee shall be the sole authority for the interpretation of these rules and constitution.
13. Code of Conduct.
- Unless stated otherwise, rallies are open to paid up members of the Club. Ex members as guests and guests staying in a members’ van (for whom said member is responsible) are allowed.
- Any Committee member may ask to see proof of Membership.
- 5 MPH speed limit on rally field. In wet weather movement of vans to be kept to a minimum to avoid damage to the field.
- Vans to be 20 FEET (6M) apart. Space between vans must not be obstructed by use of awnings or windbreaks unless appropriate extra space is available.
- All vans are strongly recommended to carry a first aid kit and a suitable British Standards Institute/Fire Officers
- Certificate approved Fire Extinguisher.
- All pets/animals to be kept under control and not run loose on site. To be exercised away from vans and offensive mess to be correctly disposed of.
- Respect to be shown to land owners’ property, trees, fences, buildings, equipment and stock.
- Flying kites and model aircraft and the use of catapults and air weapons as well as ball games will not be permitted amongst or close to vans (boule/petanque exempt if supervised by an adult). Rally organiser will arrange an open space for such games if possible.
- Each pitch will be left clear of litter at all times. Litter to be taken home unless a litter point is specified.
- Noise will be kept to a minimum from radios and TV with due regard to the time of day. No generators are allowed.
- Tents for use by members of the rally, tents to accommodate small children and tents to accommodate dogs are allowed at the discretion of the Rally Officer.
- Any motor vehicle to be ridden/driven by full license holders only on site. NO ‘L’ drivers.
- Rally goers must utilise their own chemical toilet properly charged with one of the formaldehyde-based chemical fluids/powders. There must be a clear differentiation between drinking water taps and water supplied for the cleaning of chemical toilets. The two uses must NEVER overlap. The contents of a chemical toilet must not be disposed of on site other than at a point agreed with the land owners.
- Any excavated disposal point should be filled in at the conclusion of the rally and where possible disturbed turf to be replaced.
© 2013 la strada club uk